The Footpath Group is an active group which publishes local walks, organises working groups, raises access issues and contributes to planning issues.
The objectives of the group are to increase awareness of local walks, to encourage walking for health and recreational purposes, to increase pedestrian access to local woodlands and parks, and to involve residents in volunteering and cooperating in outdoor activities.
- Publishes local walks in MBC News, on the CBM website and by preparing leaflets.
- Organises working groups to maintain and enhance local paths, some in conjunction with City’s Ranger Service.
- Raises issues about access to paths, woodland etc.
- Contributes to discussions on planning issues.
- Liaises with the City’s Planning department, Countryside Ranger Service and other organisations, such as the Forestry Commission.
In 2017 the Community Council was awarded a £1,500 grant by Paths for All to prepare a leaflet guide. ‘Walks Around Cults’ provides directions and a map for six local walks and 1,000 copies were printed for distribution throughout the area. Waymarkers were obtained and have been installed to improve route finding on unmarked paths. The leaflet was updated with a few minor alteration in 2019. This may be viewed here.
The group maintains close links with the Countesswells to Cults Active Woodside Group.
Please help us by becoming a member or a volunteer
Contact Peter Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org